Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What is the hardest thing about cloth diapering?

When asked what the hardest thing about Cloth Diapers or Cloth Diapering in general is, my first thought is...probably taking the plunge to commit to and use cloth diapers in the first place! It was scary at first because I started my little one in disposables for the first few weeks. I had bought all of these cloth diapers, and knew I wanted to use them, but there was a voice in the back of my head that just kept saying "I am not sure I can follow through with this."


Needless to say, my husband and a few other people had bets going against "how long I would last" use the cloth diapers! Being the stubborn, motivated gal I am, I was fueled to use the cloth diapers for at least the time they bet against me! Little did I know that me trying to prove everyone wrong turned into a way of life! Now, I could never live without my cloth diapers! The thought of going out and searching to find sales and use coupons for disposables stresses me out! I am so glad I got over my nerves and second-thoughts and took the plunge into cloth diapering!


For me, it wasn't the poop, extra loads of laundry, or even the extra work (which really isn't a lot), sometimes the hardest thing is just getting past your initial fears and worries of the unknown!


 


Contributed by : Julie


 


Julie is mother to her handsome stud who is nearly 6 months old. He was her motivation to start Cloth Diapering! Not wanting to expose his little bum to all those chemicals in disposables and not returning to work full time, She was looking for a safe and inexpensive alternative. Cloth Diapering was her answer!

9 comments:

  1. Great post Julie!! I too agree the hardest part is starting. so just do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started myself and I agree, Tacking the plunge was the hardest part .

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely the hardest part is taking the plunge. i was always interested in it but when i won a diaper my addiction began1

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to agree--the initial first step is def the hardest...although the poop was scary enough! lol

    annae07@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had picking what to try and spending time and money. Hard to stop spending right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me it was dealing with messy diapers. I don't have a sprayer and some of the soft poos were extremely difficult to dunk and swish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! I'm blessed to have a very supportive husband, but he pretty much left it up to me to decide what to try. The hardest part was getting over the fear about going out in cloth, but doing it full time now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The poopy diapers are a close second:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not taken the plunge yet, so I guess it is the hardest part! Hoping to start using cloth soon. My next daughter will be born in August!

    ReplyDelete