Monday, June 1, 2009

Kids and their messes!

If you are a parent you understand that when Phyllis Diller said " picking up after children is like shoveling snow during a blizzard" she was right! With 4 children running around it's definetely a chaotic blizzard of kids stuff more often than not in our house.  If you were here you'd frequently hear me saying " I hope you're cleaning that up!" to whatever major catastrophe I heard crashing down in another room.

So today I had another mommy moment. My mommy moments are those sweet moments that stand out in my mind and make me emotional about my kids. Today my 3 year old went into her sisters room and after a few minutes I followed her. She had dumped out my older daughters HUGE bin of Barbies and all those little clothes and microscopic shoes. I said "what are you doing with all this stuff out?" and she looked up at me serenely and said very sweetly " I'm cleaning it up" as if that was all she was doing in there all along then she went about playing!  All I could do was shake my head and laugh, after all, it was a very good answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment